Blackheads spread on your face and dilate your pores? Are you tired of trying to hide them under your foundation, to no avail? Here is a simple and extremely effective tip to make at home, to get rid of blackheads.
The blackheads that usually appear on the nose, cheeks or chin, are actually clogged sebaceous glands. Their dark color comes from dust, dirt, cosmetics and bacteria that accumulate there.
Blackheads are harmless until they become infected. This is why this aesthetic problem must be eliminated, preferably using non-aggressive methods to avoid the risk of irritation.
The method we offer here is painless and extremely effective in reducing pore size, removing excess oil – the fat produced by the skin – and preventing the onset of acne.
How to remove blackheads from your face using a toothbrush?
1. Take an unused toothbrush, or sterilize an old one by boiling it in water for 5 minutes;
2. Before you begin treatment, steam the face for 10 to 15 minutes, leaning over a pan filled with hot water infused with chamomile or mint. This will help you expand and unclog your pores to help eliminate blackheads. The steam bath will also allow you to relax;
3. Apply a small amount of toothpaste to the affected area and leave on for 5 minutes;
4. Using your toothbrush, gently brush your skin;
5. Rinse the toothpaste with warm water, then dry your face before applying a tonic lotion;
6. Disinfect your toothbrush after each use;
7. Repeat this method once or twice a week, depending on the condition of your skin.
Do not forget to moisturize your skin right after. It is hydration that helps keep skin healthy and bright. It also prevents skin aging.
If you’re wondering why using toothpaste is simply because most toothpastes contain ingredients such as hydrogen peroxide, witch hazel, baking soda and alcohol that are all more effective than others in eliminating blackheads.
However, be aware that not all toothpastes are beneficial for the skin. So you have to be careful in your choice, and opt for a product that does not contain many abrasive components or mint. The preferred toothpastes are herbal ones, like sage or chamomile, which are more suitable for the fragile skin of your face.
To prolong the effect of this method, it is necessary to maintain a good hygiene by using soft and natural products, adapted to the nature of your skin, in order to clean it in depth without drying it up or assaulting it.