The simple things in life are like stars shining on bright, clear nights; they are always there, surround us, offer us their subtle magic.
However, we do not stop every day to watch them, and we sometimes tend to forget that they exist.
Only when they miss us or when we find ourselves in a more or less bad past we suddenly appreciate what constitutes our heart and all these internal strings that make the music of our existence and which give it meaning.
The simple, kind and discreet things form day by day the edge of our life, this place where we can lie down in our days of turmoil and where all our joys make sense.
There are those who have the habit of saying that the simpler our way of living is, the less we worry and the less we make mistakes.
Now, everyone is free to complicate their lives as much as he wants, we all have the right to take risks, to have dreams and a social circle as wide and varied as we want.
What really matters is not to lead a simple life, but to have simple thoughts and to be able to determine what is important to us, what really makes our heart happy, and what we features.
From there, we are all free to base our own micro universes. We invite you to reflect on this topic.
Simple things are the greatest things in life
Very recently, Google has published the ranking of searches most performed by Internet users; among them, one can find the following question: “how to be happy? ”
To be happy is to close one’s eyes and want nothing more, and for that reason, one should not measure happiness with the money one has or not, but with those simple things that one would not give up, even against all the gold in the world.
We all think at least of something we would never give up, even in exchange for the most incredible wealth: the lives of our children, our companion, our brothers and sisters … even our animals because what they give us and what we offer them is an emotional exchange that is priceless.
Now, sometimes, life does not make it easy for us; for example, sometimes you know that it is your children who matter most to you, you have no choice but to work all day, which prevents you from spending as much time as you would like close to them.
You would like, no doubt, that everything is easier, that’s why sometimes you feel as if lost in the face of so much pressure and obligations that day after day are moving away from what is true, essential.
That is why it would be interesting to take the time to think about these different aspects.
Live fully and consciously
To live fully and consciously is to know what time of your life you are in, to live the present moment, here and now.
- We must take into account what our heart and our needs tell us. It may be, for example, that working more gives you the opportunity to have more things, but you are aware that despite everything, you prefer to spend this time with your family.
- To live fully is also to understand that every effort is worth it, because every single thing you do makes you happy and offers happiness to yours.
- If there is no reciprocity, there is no fullness. Look at your life as if it were a cycle: if you are not in harmony with yourself and around you, then it will be hard for you to be happy.
Enjoy simple pleasures, it’s a way of life
Not everyone knows how to enjoy the simple pleasures of life; some are unable to see them when others do not know how to appreciate them, or lean towards material things or the immediate satisfaction, the one that does not endure …
Breathe, love, be happy, enjoy the simple things of life … This is the only urgent thing, the rest, even if you do not believe it, is secondary.
To appreciate simple pleasures is a way of life that many cultivate because they already have an adequate interior peace without artifice.
After a long journey, the simple pleasures lead us to discover small pleasures of which we had then never realized:
- The pleasure of beautiful friendships.
- The pleasure of a hello and an unexpected caress.
- The pleasure of contagious laughter of a child.
- The pleasure of this intoxicating wind after a storm.
- The pleasure of a sun drowning in the ocean in absolute silence.
- The pleasure of getting up on a Sunday without any worry …