Sometimes we have to learn how to value ourselves and how to put an end to relationships that, far from doing us good, prevent us from moving forward and harming us.
No matter how much we love someone, no matter how much time we have shared together or the dreams we have built, sometimes love alone is not the key to happy relationships.
When there is no reciprocity, understanding or respect, the lack of patience eventually takes over.
Without a doubt, this situation is something we all have already felt, with the pain and suffering it implies.
Saying goodbye to someone who has been so important in our lives hurts a lot, even if it’s a need we must learn to respect.
When patience is gnawed, desires to persist vanish, dreams go out and we run the risk of losing ourselves in the void of frustration and lack of esteem.
It’s not worth it. Today, in this article, we invite you to think about this question.
I leave you because my patience is exhausted
Some people make the mistake of thinking that relationships are eternal and have no expiry date.
We need to think about it to feel engaged, and to build that bond based on admiration, tenderness and respect.
When we engage in a relationship, dreams and projects that we build together are many.
In a way, it’s as if we are building a parallel relationship and, unfortunately, is not happening exactly as we had imagined.
This is why it is necessary to take into account these aspects concerning affective relations.
Live it here and now and take care of your happiness
Sometimes we are given ideas that are based on faulty and dangerous traditions.
Love is not “supporting” every day something we do not like.
Love is not suffering, nor must we conceal things that we do not like not to hurt the other.
Live the “here and now”. If you feel happy and your heart feels serene and satisfying, all is well.
If you are feeling worry and fear right now, think about your relationship.
Love is not tears because the person who loves you will make you happy and not unhappy. So never hesitate to listen to your heart and your thoughts.
Patience has a limit: self-esteem
Without knowing how, we end up giving in to so much that finally we stop developing ourselves.
- You can forgive today and forgive tomorrow. Forgiveness is positive, from the moment when there is reciprocity and sincerity in regrets. But the quota of “assignments and concessions” must be limited.
- Whenever we give up something, we lose a part of ourselves.
To give up a hobby or a job or to stop seeing certain people because our spouse feels jealous, implies giving up a part of our identity.
- Our patience has limits and this limit is our integrity. When you notice that you have given too much and none of these concessions have been rewarded or recognized, let them know.
Maybe you should make a radical decision.
Saying goodbye is also growing
To say goodbye to a person is to leave a certain way of life behind us and put an end to habits, customs and above all to the company of a person, who until recently, was also important than the air we breathe.
Even if love persists, we feel that suffering and disillusionment affect our physical and emotional health. It’s dangerous.
It is necessary to understand that the need to say goodbye means to respect oneself.
Life represents cycles and changes, and any change requires the following qualities:
- Self-knowledge: We must all know what our personal values and limits are.
- It is a line that must not be crossed or damaged, because it represents the esteem that we have of ourselves.
- To know how to say goodbye implies the need to break bonds definitively. It represents an act of courage.
- Integrate learning: Any relationship that ends teaches us something. To grow, certain aspects must be integrated and accepted.
- To leave without hate: To put an end to a relation because we have more patience, implies to break bonds without hatred nor resentments.
- Any negative emotion makes us prisoner and prevents us from forgetting
Do not do it, let go freely and without resentment, to advance more lightly.