Currently, we spend most of our day hung on our cell phones. With the different practical applications, games, social networks, chat platforms and more, it’s hard to leave it out. However, have you ever thought about checking if it is secure? Indeed, with hackers and viruses that abound on the internet, no one is immune to spyware. To help you get the feel of it, here are some simple and practical tips to try immediately!
Many of us have personal information stored in their phone. Going from the password of their Facebook profile, to the number of their bank account, this information must absolutely be secured to avoid any diversion or fraudulent use that may cause trouble for their owner. To help you find out if your phone is being watched or spied on, find below some handy codes to remember.
Codes to find out if your phone is monitored:
Code 1: * # 21 #
By typing this code, you can determine if your calls, messages and other data are diverted to which number. This will appear clearly on your screen. If this is the case, the person who spies on you will be able to gather all the information concerning you and will be able to have access to all your data, even confidential, recorded on your mobile. Typically, this kind of diversion is done by parents to monitor and protect their children from possible threats from the virtual world, by jealous spouses, or by any stranger who accesses your phone.
Code 2: * # 62 #
This code will be useful in case you can no longer receive calls or messages on your phone. This way you will be able to determine the phone number or voicemail number of your mobile operator, who receives them.
Code 3: ## 002 #
If, thanks to the previous codes, you discover that your telephone operations are diverted, use this one to deactivate the diversion, even towards voicemail. It is a universal code that also remains operational in the case of roaming.
Code 4: * # 06 #
This code allows you to have the International Mobile Equipment Identity. This number consisting of 15 to 17 digits is usually written on the packaging given at the time of purchase and under the battery of the phone. This unique number is what identifies the phone in case of theft, even if the SIM card is changed. Thanks to him, it is possible to know his brand, his model, his technical sheet and so on.
How to tell if your phone is being spied on by special services?
In all countries of the world, special services can collaborate with telephone operators to access telephone operations of any number. On presentation of a judicial warrant, they can obtain all the data collected by the operator during the last three months.
Thus, if you notice frequent interference during your calls, if your battery is discharging quickly and heats up more than usual, and if your phone starts to restart spontaneously, this will put you in the ear, provided obviously your phone is not damaged.
How to ensure the protection of his phone?
Protecting your phone from spies, viruses and hackers is very important because it allows you to protect your privacy. Thus, it is strongly recommended to follow the following tips:
- Never leave your phone within reach of unknown people,
- Do not download applications, ringtones, images or sites that are unreliable,
- Do not surf questionable sites or follow hypertext links that may redirect you to suspicious pages,
- Do not rely on applications that allow you to locate other people, even if they are family members, because such features are possible only through your operator, and only with the consent of the people concerned
- Do not connect your phone to cables available in public places, to charge your battery for free, because you can not know if there is someone behind who will copy all your data,
- Install a powerful and effective antivirus that will block access to viruses, Troy horses and applications that can, among other things, access your camera and take photos or record videos without your consent,
- Use closed access instant messenger services;
Change your privacy settings to determine what information is publicly available and which is not.